The best way to fix this issue is to restart your device and then try again. If that doesn’t work, you may need to delete some files or apps from your device.
The whatsapp status sorry this media file doesn’t exist on your internal storage is a message that can be seen when trying to play or download an app. This article will list 7 solutions for the issue.
Have you ever seen an error notice on Android that said “file doesn’t exist or has been corrupted”?
Are you having trouble with the message “Sorry, This Media File Doesn’t Exist on Your SD Card/Internal Storage” on your Android device?
Don’t be concerned.
You’ve come to the right spot to get a handle on the issue quickly.
This blog should be read in its entirety since it includes information on the causes of this problem, how to repair sorry this media file does not exist on your internal storage, and other topics.
So, let’s figure out why you’re seeing this error message on your phone.
What Causes the Error ‘This Media File Does Not Exist On Internal Storage’?
Before learning how to repair the sorry this media file seems to be missing issue in WhatsApp, it’s essential to figure out what’s causing it.
It’s because if you know the precise source of the problem, it’ll be much simpler for you to resolve it.
Take a look at the reasons listed below:
- Your Android phone has been infected with a virus or malware.
- As a result of an unintentional loss of your phone’s stored media files
- As a result of a factory reset on Android,
- Any problems when downloading data from your phone to your computer or vice versa
How Do You Resolve This Media File Doesn’t Exist On Your Internal Storage Issue?
Now it’s time to go through the methods that will assist you in resolving the issue of a media file not being on your internal storage.
So let’s get started:
Way #1: [Automatic Solution] Use Advanced Solution To Fix This Media File Doesn’t Exist On Your SD Card
You may use Android Repair software to repair the “Sorry, this media file does not exist on your SD card/internal storage issue.”
This fantastic program is capable of resolving any kind of problem. I recommend that you use this program since it is extremely dependable and simple to use.
It not only fixes the media file problem, but it also helps with other Android issues. This fantastic repair tool is simple to use, and it fixes all of your problems with a single click.
Android phone stuck in headphone mode, Instagram “An Unknown Network Error Has Occurred,” IMS service has ceased, and so on are some of the issues it can fix.
So, I recommend that you just download Android Repair software and use it to easily resolve Android problems.
Scan Your Micro SD Card (Way #3)
If restarting does not work, scan your memory card right away.
Who knows, maybe this will fix the problem. Follow the instructions below to scan your SD card:
- Simply place your SD card in a card reader and link it to your computer.
- After that, just press the START button on your computer, then open the RUN box, enter CMD, and press ENTER.
- You’ll see that a command prompt window appears.
- attrib -h -r -s /s /d f:*.* Type the given command: attrib -h -r -s /s /d f:*.* (Replace f with the letter name of the memory card drive), then press ENTER.
- Remove your SD card from the PC and re-insert it into your phone after completing the preceding steps.
Check to see whether the problem has been resolved. If it doesn’t work, go on to the next option.
Copy The Deleted Media Files To The Original WhatsApp Folder (Way #4).
Whatever data you’ve received on WhatsApp, such as photos and videos, will be immediately stored in the gallery of your Android phone.
When you ran out of space, you may have transferred some of your files to an SD card.
If they aren’t there, you should check your gallery app. Because you’ve already transferred them from one location to another, you can’t view them.
To fix the problem “Sorry, this media file does not exist on your internal storage,” copy the erased data and paste it back into the original Whatsapp folder.
Way #5: Remove and reinstall the SD card
Another approach for resolving the Sorry, this media file seems to be missing issue in WhatsApp is to use this method.
To learn how to do so, follow these steps:
- To begin, go to your phone’s Settings.
- After that, just go to storage and choose unmount SD card.
- Wait a few moments and then press on the mount SD card button once again.
- Finally, go to your File Manager and double-check all of your media files.
Way #6: Recover WhatsApp from a backup
This method may be able to assist you in resolving this problem or bug and recovering all of your lost media files. So, simply follow the instructions below:
- Uninstall WhatsApp and proceed to the storage section to delete all the cache and data.
- Heer, go back to the previous page and remove the Whatapp app.
- After some time has passed, re-download the WhatsApp app.
You may now simply restore data from the previous backup after finishing this procedure.
Remove the Write Protection from the SD Card (Way #7)
When you attempt to access your photos and movies once your phone’s SD card becomes write-protected, you’ll see an error notice that says “Sorry, this media file doesn’t exist on your SD card.”
So, to fix the sorry this media file does not exist on your internal storage problem, take these steps to remove the write protection from the SD card.
- Simply attach the SD card to the computer at first.
- Then press the start button and type cmd or command into the search box.
- Then, right-click on the command prompt and type “search” in the box.
- Enter diskpart in this box.
- Type attrib -h -r -s /s /d drive letter:*.* (for instance, attrib -h -r -s /s /d k:*.*) once again. and then click Enter.
- Finally, just hit Enter after entering quit.
Keep These Points in Mind If You Want To Avoid ‘This Media File Doesn’t Exist On Your SD Card,’ says the message. Error
If you truly want to prevent receiving the Sorry, this media file does not exist on your internal storage issue in the future, read the helpful suggestions listed below.
- You must verify that your SD card is not corrupted, since a damaged micro SD card will not be able to keep your device’s current data secure.
- Check to see whether your memory card is set to read-only mode, which prevents you from storing data on it.
- Make sure there is enough space on the micro SD card to store all of your media files.
Time to make a decision
I hope you are now able to resolve the “Sorry, this media file does not exist on your SD card/internal storage” issue on Android. As I previously said, there are seven viable methods for resolving this issue.
However, among these, using the Android Repair application is the best choice for you.
This program is also known as an immediate recovery tool since it can handle any kind of mistake problem.
So, simply follow the steps above to easily solve sorry this media file does not exist on your internal storage.
The message forwarding failed media is missing in whatsapp is a common error message that Android users might see. This article has 7 solutions on how to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you fix sorry this media file doesnt exist on your SD card on WhatsApp?
Sorry, this media file doesnt exist on your SD card.
How do you fix sorry this media file appears to be missing please ask to resend it?
Sorry this media file appears to be missing please ask to resend it.
How do I move WhatsApp to SD card?
To move WhatsApp to the SD card, you need to enable Move app data in your phone settings.
- how to fix sorry this media file doesn’t exist on your internal storage
- what does media file doesn’t exist on your internal storage mean
- sorry this media file appears to be missing
- sorry this media file appears to be missing please ask to resend it fix
- whatsapp media missing after restore